I want to run. I want to run like the wind. I think I’ve always wanted to run and be athletic but just fell into this role of the lazy 20-something that watches TV. Right now I love to watch TV but soon I will love to run. So I guess the next part is my running goal. Well… I want to run a half marathon, then maybe a marathon. I've done a few 5K's but my fastest time was 42 minutes (I am a beginner in every sense of the word). My first small goal to my half-marathon goal is to be able to run for an hour on the treadmill at 7.0. I want to reach this goal because I want to do most of my marathon training at the gym on the treadmill. I know many say that this is not a good idea, but I don’t really like running outside. I like running on a treadmill because you don’t have to worry about the outside conditions that can change without any notice. One day I may change this plan, I’m flexible, but for now I am a treadmill runner. And goal number one is running on the treadmill at 7.0 for an hour.
Now that you know my goal, it would probably be a good idea to find out how far and how fast can I run now on the treadmill. Like I stated before, I AM A BEGINNER, with that disclaimer out of the way I will reveal that at this time I can only technically run for 2 minutes at a speed of 5.5. I’m doing a run/walk program that should work me up to running 30 minutes in about 10 weeks. As you can see I have a lot of training a head and I look forward to keeping you up to date on my progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment